|Publication||4 August 2021|
|Suitable for||Personal representatives, personal tax professionals, trustees|
|Price||£85 (or see bundles page)|
The new, greatly expanded second edition of this book is now out.
- Practical approach, with many worked examples.
- Considers CGT, IHT and income tax position of PRs, from death to the end of the administration period.
- CGT, IHT and income tax position of beneficiaries (specific, general or residuary).
- Detailed examination of formalities necessary for a valid will under which PRs are appointed.
- Tax planning suggestions throughout.
- Extensive reference to legislation, case law and HMRC guidance.
Contents of this new edition include:
- Domicile and residence status of PRs - overview
- Statutory residence in year of death
- Deemed domicile - generally
- Deemed domicile - IHT
- Excepted and normal estates
- Administration of estates
- IHT on death
- Income tax and CGT liabilities prior to death
- Income tax on income arising after death
- CGT uplift on death
- CGT - disposals during administration period