COVID-19: Free UK delivery on all orders until further notice.
|Suitable for||Personal representatives, personal tax professionals, trustees|
A practical guide for all personal representatives and others involved with the tax issues arising during the administration of a deceased person's estate.
Written mainly for the tax practitioner, an attempt has nevertheless been made to make it intelligible to the non-tax professional, including in particular personal representatives who are trying to understand some of the tax intricacies associated with estate administration.
The author, Malcolm Finney M.Sc (Bus Admin), M.Sc (Org Psych), B.Sc is an independent tax consultant and author of many years' experience. Malcolm was formerly a partner and head of international tax at Grant Thornton LLP and head of tax with law firm Nabarro Nathanson.
- Practical approach, with many worked examples.
- Considers CGT, IHT and income tax position of PRs, from death to the end of the administration period.
- CGT, IHT and income tax position of beneficiaries (specific, general or residuary).
- Detailed examination of formalities necessary for a valid will under which PRs are appointed.
- Tax planning suggestions throughout.
- Extensive reference to legislation, case law and HMRC guidance.