|Suitable for||Tax advisers, Property owners|
Furnished Holiday Lettings
Special tax rules apply for furnished holiday properties. This book, written primarily for professional advisers, brings together all those rules. The text explains the criteria that must be met for the special legislation to apply, and gives full details of the tax benefits of gaining that status, from acquisition to disposal, and including the inheritance tax provisions as they apply to such properties. It also includes guidance for overseas properties and non-resident owners.
New material for this fourth edition includes:
- Capital gains tax changes including new business asset disposal relief, main residence relief reductions and accelerated payment of tax;
- Latest tax cases on business property relief – Graham and Vigne;
- Non-residents – NRCGT, SDLT surcharge for overseas purchasers and Brexit;
- Capital allowances changes – structures and buildings allowances and writing-down allowance reductions;
- Update on trading status position following anti-avoidance cases and Covid-19 government intervention measures; and
- VAT developments and small business rates relief changes as well as Covid-19 measures.