|Publication||15 May 2019|
|Suitable for||Tax advisers, Surveyors, Property lawyers, Larger businesses|
|Price||£95 (or see bundles page)|
Capital allowances offer valuable tax relief, that can easily be lost where the rules are not correctly applied - especially since the amended rules for fixtures came fully into effect from April 2014. Use this book to avoid costly errors, and to maximise tax relief, thereby protecting the interests of all businesses and commercial property owners.
Detailed and practical guidance on key topics: cars, fixtures in property, annual investment allowances, special rate expenditure, short-life assets, etc.
Other allowances, including those for capital expenditure on R&D and the new structures and buildings allowance, are also covered in depth. NB The SBA rules have been finalised since this edition was published. We are willing to supply, for restricted use within the buyer's organisation only, a free PDF of the updated chapter on SBAs, for anyone buying this book in isolation or as part of the capital allowances bundle.
The book is the most technical of the three books we publish on capital allowances, and is primarily suitable for accountants and others who need a fully technical guide.
This book complements our A-Z of Plant & Machinery, and the two may be bought together as a discounted bundle - see top of page. Together, the two books offer more than 1,000 pages of practical and clearly written commentary, arranged in a user-friendly and accessible format.
"An excellent guide to capital allowances." – Taxation review of earlier edition.
Ray Chidell MA (Cantab), CTA (Fellow) is director of Claritax Books and of Six Forward Capital Allowances. Read more here.
Jake Iles MBA, MCMI is managing director of Six Forward Capital Allowances, responsible for analysing annual expenditure in excess of £1 billion. Read more here.
New for this edition
Click on the link above for full details of this year's update. In brief, however, the 2019-20 edition contains a wide range of updated material, including the following:
- extensive coverage of the new structures and buildings allowances;
- key case law developments, including SSE Generation, May, Daarasp, Coca-Cola, Glais House;
- changes to annual investment allowances, including complex transitional rules;
- changes to writing-down allowances;
- numerous further practicalities re fixtures claims (building on coverage that is already very thorough);
- various finance lease changes;
- more CPSE practicalities;
- further HMRC guidance re R&D allowances;
- all examples and commentary updated as necessary.