Now in its eighth edition, Financial Planning with Trusts has been one of our most popular annual titles since it was first published in 2012. The book tackles its subject matter in a very practical way, and is written for both tax specialists and financial advisers.
We are delighted this year to feature Marcia Banner as a second author, supporting John Woolley in producing another major update this year. Marcia has been helping behind the scenes for many years.
We have also this year decided to stand back and create a new layout for this title. As the book has grown over the years, it is inevitable that the original structure needs re-visiting from time to time. The new layout is therefore divided into key Parts, as follows:
- First principles
- Taxation of trusts - general principles
- Inheritance tax planning
- International aspects
- Wills, probate and powers of attorney
- Trusts to provide financial protection on death
- Trusts and the private business
- Trusts for residential property
- Other uses of trusts (chattels, asset protection, reducing the cost of care, personal injury, the disabled and vulnerable)
- Compliance and administration