|Suitable for||Professional tax advisers to internationally mobile employees and their employers|
|Price||£95 (or see Bundles page)|
Advising British Expats - Tax and Financial Planning
A 2021-22 edition of this book is due to be published in late September 2021. If you prefer to await the new edition, you can buy from this page and email us to notify us accordingly.
Many UK individuals choose to live and work overseas for a period of months or years. The decision to do so invariably has important tax and financial planning implications. In this extensive new volume, two ex-Big 4 tax specialists, themselves British expats, guide the professional adviser through all stages, from preparing to travel, to arriving in the overseas country, looking after local tax and financial matters, financial and pension planning, and eventual return to the UK.
See full contents below.
The focus for this second edition is on the more technical areas of interest to accountants and other professional advisers; the areas of more relevance for individual expats and their employers have been moved to our new volume, Living and Working Abroad.
New material for this second edition includes:
- expanded coverage of domicile;
- more on the residence nil rate band;
- expanded and updated coverage of CGT for non-residents;
- additional commentary on double tax treaties;
- Covid-19 practicalities and regulations;
- Crown employees;
- a new extended case study on international succession.
We offer secure delivery options for overseas buyers.
Jon Golding ATT (Fellow) TEP has worked for HMRC, PwC, KPMG and EY and spent eight years working in the Far East advising British Expats. Read more here.
Juliet Connolly BA (Hons) ACA CTA is also an expat. She left her Big 4 role in 2002 to set up her own business, UK Expat, advising and assisting expatriates all over the world on their UK tax affairs. Read more here.
- Income Tax
- Letting the UK property
- Capital gains tax
- Capital gains on selling UK land and property
- Self-assessment compliance
- NIC and social security
- Inheritance tax and will planning
- Foreign tax compliance
- Foreign spouse tax implications
- VAT and GST
- Tax departure certificates
- Back in the UK
- Case study - international succession
- Tables of legislation, cases, etc.