|Suitable for||Tax advisers, Property investors|
|Price||£75 (or see bundles page)|
Stamp Duty Land Tax
A well-written, user-friendly guide to the complexities of SDLT, this book is perfect for non-specialist accountants, solicitors and others who need clear, practical guidance on the topic at an intermediate level.
Topics covered include basic principles, leasehold transactions, partnerships, trusts, reliefs, anti-avoidance legislation and recent tribunal decisions. Full reference is made throughout to relevant legislation, case law and guidance from HMRC.
"It is now, in the reviewer’s opinion, the best guide to SDLT for the general practitioner on the market." – AccountingWeb
John Feaster LLB, CTA, TEP, Solicitor is taxation and private client partner at Schofield Sweeney LLP. Read more here.
New for this edition
The fifth edition reflects many important recent developments, including:
- overhaul of SDLT charges for non-residential transactions;
- new section on the higher rates of SDLT applying to additional residential property purchases (the extra 3% charge);
- new analysis and examples covering the definition of residential property and the related concept of “dwelling”;
- Court of Appeal decision in Project Blue;
- Mansion Estates v Hayre & Co and its implications for professional advisers;
- new reliefs from ATED and the 15% “slab” charge on enveloped dwellings;
- extensive new and revised examples and analysis.