|Suitable for||Accountants, Financial advisers, Trust tax advisers|
Financial Planning with Trusts
This 2017-18 edition has just been published.
This substantial work (see full contents below) looks at a wide range of topical tax and financial planning strategies using trusts. Popular with tax practitioners and financial advisers alike, it demonstrates the effective use of different trusts to meet financial and tax planning objectives. The book includes CGT, income tax and IHT planning and also examines the special trust arrangements used in the financial services sector.
Written by a highly qualified and experienced author, this book helps readers to grasp the full implications, advantages and potential disadvantages of using a particular trust.
"Worth its weight in gold ... . The contents table is awesome." – AccountingWeb review of earlier edition
"Useful and practical, and it succeeds in explaining complex subjects in a clear and concise way." – Taxation review of earlier edition
John Woolley LLB, barrister, FCII, CTA (Fellow), TEP is a director of Technical Connection Ltd. Read more here.
New for this edition:
- New chapter re gifts into trust under a lasting power of attorney;
- Update on role of trusts re death bene its under registered pension schemes;
- Planning considerations re proposed new domicile rules;
- IHT planning re new residence nil rate band;
- IHT planning (lifetime and on death) re private residences following Lady Hood decision;
- New trust registration requirements and common reporting standard;
- Further trust tax considerations and opportunities following removal of need to deduct tax on UK interest and dividends.