|Published||1 July 2017|
|Suitable for||Tax advisers, Surveyors, Property lawyers, Larger businesses|
NOTE: THIS NEW EDITION IS NOW BEING PRINTED AND WILL BE READY AT THE START OF JULY. ANY ORDERS BEFORE THEN WILL BE SENT OUT AS SOON AS IT IS IN STOCK.
Capital allowances can be complex, and the cost of handling the allowances incorrectly can be very high, especially since the amended rules for fixtures came fully into effect from April 2014.
This book provides detailed and practical guidance on key topics, including fixtures in property, annual investment allowances, special rate expenditure, short-life assets, etc. Other allowances, including those for research and development costs, are also covered in depth. The book is the most technical of the three books we publish on capital allowances, and is primarily suitable for accountants and others who have some understanding of the underlying principles and who want a fully technical guide.
"An excellent guide to capital allowances." – Taxation review of earlier edition
Ray Chidell MA (Cantab), CTA (Fellow) is director of Claritax Books and of Six Forward Capital Allowances. Read more here.
Jake Iles MBA, MCMI is managing director of Six Forward Capital Allowances, responsible for analysing annual expenditure in excess of £1 billion. Read more here.
New for this edition
The 2018-19 edition contains a wide range of updated material, including the following:
- case law developments (including Taylor Wimpey);
- updated/expanded HMRC guidance and practice;
- numerous changes re first-year allowances (cars, zero-emission goods vehicles, charging points, etc.);
- extensive changes re enhanced capital allowances;
- further practical commentary on fixtures in property, including fuller coverage of leases, and more practicalities re fixtures elections;
- expanded case studies re fixtures;
- unusual cases (CoACS, JPUTs);
- everything reviewed and updated as appropriate